I'm Back! (WARNING: LONG POST)

>> Thursday, October 16, 2008

Yes, after hibernating, I'm back.. Checking from my blog entries, my last post was July 17. Dunno if there are still people visiting my blog but oh well, writing what happened in the past months is refreshing anyway.

Since I am unemployed during the first weeks of my absence in the blog world,I have been busy with phone and walk-in interviews. There came a point where I was offered with an analyst role but got me in a lot of thinking. Should I stay in the technical side first or pursue the more functional aspect job? Whew... I decided to still be more of analyst/developer. I think that I have to strengthen my skills more technically to be more confident in a bigger role.

Being unemployed gave me a chance to arrange a short vacation here in SG for my parents. It will be this November. I had countless phone calls just to make sure that they are arranging their documents for passport processing. Though it initially got me worried 'cause I haven't secured a job, I took the risk. :p I have drafted an itinerary for them since I also have to consider the time and budget especially the “pagod" factor of my parents. I can't wait for them to be here.

Come mid-August, I found a new job. Been pretty busy at work but it is a very good timing when I joined them. They have just completed the development of the new version and is currently in testing phase. In less than a week, I am already fixing bugs and I'd say it is a good way to actually learn how the system works without my nose bleeding. hahahaha.. So far, so good.. I like the job, I like the environment and I like to stay in the company for long. :) Hopefully they are satisfied with how I work. By November, I would know if I'm confirmed as a perm staff. :D The new and bigger project is about to kickstart by next month, which makes me feel a handful of emotions.. excited and challenged of the new knowledge I'd gain, nervous on the complexity of the work that will be assigned to me, a bit anxious of overtimes, sleepless nights and dreamful nights (still of work) since that means less QT with Mon. Oh well, it's part of the job and I just have to be multi-tasking to pump the QT with Mon even I'm working late.

Moving along, Mon and I hardly go out on weekends so we mostly spend our time watching series and movies. Yes, we're addicts! Hahaha.. Since most U.S. series started their new season premieres last September, Mon and I are totally smitten in watching the latest eps. We're currently watching Gossip Girl, Heroes and of course, House M.D. (Warning on some spoilers :p)

Gossip Girl: For the first two episodes of Gossip Girl (yes, my husband watches this at mas affected sya on some scenes ha lol), I kind of got irritated with the Serene-Dan issue. Ang arte na kasi... But as the story progress, Serena becomes bitchy again which threathened the Queen B, I'd say the heat is on. :)) I hope I won't get tired soon of this teeny-bopper series.

Heroes: When Mon said he has the first two eps, I just ignored him. Haha.. I wasn't a bit excited because I have a feeling it's not that fun to watch anymore. But I was comepletely wrong! I really loved the episodes so far. I am actually getting more irritated with Hiro always messing things up and Peter totally screwing the future. Hehehe.. And not only that, Mrs. Petrelli is intriguing me. Is she really the mom of Gabriel? Or she's just "taming" his other side (Sylar)? What is she really up to? Is she a villain in disguise? Hahaha.. can't wait for the next episode...

House, M.D.: THE BEST! Grabe, I can't find the words to express how good the first few episodes are! All I know is that this series is my favorite. The actors are really really good. The writers, superbly created catchy punchlines. Wilson ditches his friendship with House. House can't accept that fact. His 3 staffs becoming House’s targets to deal with his issues. House having a new found friend in a form of a private investigator, who happens to be realy interested with Cuddy. Hehehe.. aliw talaga!

We also revived our liking on the Iron Chef (Japan) competition series. I used to watch it when I was still single at the Lifestyle Network channel of SkyCable. Of course, Mon had no choice but watch with me when he visits me at our house. After some time, he became fond of it. :p We're both Iron Chef Japan Rokusaburo Michiba fans for his creativity and unique creations. Makes me inspired to try inventing new dishes. :p

I also got a bit busy teaching Mon some dishes that he can cook for us especially that he usually arrives home earlier than I am. He knows how to cook nilaga and sinigang already and the usual "pritos". I just thought him the standard sauteing of garlic and onion and its variations when there's a need to put pork bits in the viand. So far, I have taught him that as well as the tinola and adobo. I am planning to teach him some more (probably one is the pinatisang manok, which he loves) because nowadays, I'm super lazy to cook. :p

We attended several kainans and birthday parties in the last two months. First is Weng and Yong's housewarming dinner at Pasir Ris. Mon and I even stayed there overnight hehe.. Then there's David's (my inaanak) 2nd birthday celebration and Lyle's (my co-batswan Lei's son) 1st birthday. We also had a biglaan, sort-of 1st year in SG celeb at Lau Pa Sat, Jolly-V. Another one is Weng's "Big Three-O" celeb as she calls it. :D ANd I also met a good friend having a vacation here in SG for a nice lunch and chat. SO just imagine the number of pounds we AGAIN gained.. huhuhu..

But then, we started our gradual diet plan three weeks ago. So far, not so good. *inis* We are trying very hard to have dinner only 3x a week, with the remaining four days eating one to two slices of wheat bread. Monitoring our weights is frustrating since it's like a roller coaster... up and down. *grrr* Though an additional way we did to shed some pounds is to jog and brisk walk but we aren't strict enough to ensure that we do it at least 3x a week. I know we must have unwavered determination on achieving our plan.

There you go! I hope I will be really back in track now. So happy to have posted updates. :p

0 hirit/s:

About This Blog

  © Blogger templates Shiny by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP